Week 2
Raine is doing well. Mommy is doing well. Daddy is doing well. Dasher is doing well. Vixen is doing well. The house is doing well. We ALL are doing well! :) Raine is now 2 ½ weeks!
Todd’s mother left on Sunday Aug. 28 and then the following Saturday, my mom arrived from Canada. So for a few days, we get to spend time with Raine without any help. We did well! While Todd’s mother was here, she helped us a lot around the house. It’s nice to have someone here to help us out so we could rest up a little more. Raine sleeps most of the time. She only wakes up when she is hungry. She usually wakes up every 1 to 2 hours. Sometimes, she sleeps for 3 or 4 hours depending on how much she ate before heading off to the ZZZ land.
Todd went back to work on Aug. 29th. He will have another week off sometime in the near future. He had 2 weeks of paternity leave. He used 1 week for the first week and is saving another week for some other time.
On Saturday Sept. 3rd, Raine’s umbilical cord came off. Then in the afternoon, Raine got to meet her maternal grandmother for the first time. My mom was in tears when she saw Raine. I took some pictures of her holding Raine for the first time at the airport. It was such a joy.
Sunday Sept. 4th, Raine got to meet several friends at a party. She did very well. She did not cry at all when other people were holding her. Of course, at all those times, she was sleeping.
Raine had her second doctor appointment on Tuesday. Everything looks good. “She’s perfect” said the doctor. I asked the doctor about her bellybutton because it was bleeding a little bit. The doctor checked it out and said there were teeny bit of umbilical cord still inside, so he removed it and put in some kind of chemical to help it heal faster. Right now her bellybutton is a little bit black, from the chemical. It will be like that for a few days. I asked the doctor why she is grunting all the times. She grunts till her face turns red as if she is trying to poop. The doctor said we need to burp her more. It is just that she has gas and it’s not comfortable for her so that is why she was grunting. Poor her :( Raine has gained from 7 pounds (from her first doctor visit) to 8 pounds and 7 oz. The doctor is very pleased to see her gain that much weight and is very happy to see her having a double chin :) She had blood work for genetic disorders and it was hard seeing her cry so hard when she had the nurse trying to collect blood from her foot. We won’t know the results till the next appointment. This newborn screening is required here in the state of Arizona.
Wednesday Sept. 7th, the day Raine was supposed to be born, Raine got to meet her next door neighbor. Then it started to rain :) After that, all of the sudden she seems to be able to see us. Normally, when she does open her eyes, it seems like she is not noticing things but after the neighbor left, she looked at us and looked around for like 2 hours! It was amazing and exciting. We took videos of her. That night, she slept beautifully. The previous two nights, she stayed awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night and I was so tired, wanting her to go back to sleep. I hope tonight will be the same that she’ll sleep through the night, except when she’s hungry.
As for diaper changing… there are times where she peed while I was changing diapers. I had to change her clothes and wash her butt and her back after she peed on the changing table. I am glad she wasn’t a boy, or I’ll find myself cleaning the wall :) One night last week, on our bed, I was changing her diaper without the pad (I threw it in the laundry basket because it was dirty) and guess what? She decided to pee on our bed! How nice! :) Few nights ago, again, on our bed, I changed her diaper. She farted out her poop onto my legs, my right arm, and the changing pad. How fun! :) I think she likes it when we work harder :)
Raine is growing fast. She has baby fats now with dimples on her elbows and knees. Her cheeks have gained. Her feet, hands, and legs are fatter. She’s so cute! :) More pictures coming soon.
Todd’s mother left on Sunday Aug. 28 and then the following Saturday, my mom arrived from Canada. So for a few days, we get to spend time with Raine without any help. We did well! While Todd’s mother was here, she helped us a lot around the house. It’s nice to have someone here to help us out so we could rest up a little more. Raine sleeps most of the time. She only wakes up when she is hungry. She usually wakes up every 1 to 2 hours. Sometimes, she sleeps for 3 or 4 hours depending on how much she ate before heading off to the ZZZ land.
Todd went back to work on Aug. 29th. He will have another week off sometime in the near future. He had 2 weeks of paternity leave. He used 1 week for the first week and is saving another week for some other time.
On Saturday Sept. 3rd, Raine’s umbilical cord came off. Then in the afternoon, Raine got to meet her maternal grandmother for the first time. My mom was in tears when she saw Raine. I took some pictures of her holding Raine for the first time at the airport. It was such a joy.
Sunday Sept. 4th, Raine got to meet several friends at a party. She did very well. She did not cry at all when other people were holding her. Of course, at all those times, she was sleeping.
Raine had her second doctor appointment on Tuesday. Everything looks good. “She’s perfect” said the doctor. I asked the doctor about her bellybutton because it was bleeding a little bit. The doctor checked it out and said there were teeny bit of umbilical cord still inside, so he removed it and put in some kind of chemical to help it heal faster. Right now her bellybutton is a little bit black, from the chemical. It will be like that for a few days. I asked the doctor why she is grunting all the times. She grunts till her face turns red as if she is trying to poop. The doctor said we need to burp her more. It is just that she has gas and it’s not comfortable for her so that is why she was grunting. Poor her :( Raine has gained from 7 pounds (from her first doctor visit) to 8 pounds and 7 oz. The doctor is very pleased to see her gain that much weight and is very happy to see her having a double chin :) She had blood work for genetic disorders and it was hard seeing her cry so hard when she had the nurse trying to collect blood from her foot. We won’t know the results till the next appointment. This newborn screening is required here in the state of Arizona.
Wednesday Sept. 7th, the day Raine was supposed to be born, Raine got to meet her next door neighbor. Then it started to rain :) After that, all of the sudden she seems to be able to see us. Normally, when she does open her eyes, it seems like she is not noticing things but after the neighbor left, she looked at us and looked around for like 2 hours! It was amazing and exciting. We took videos of her. That night, she slept beautifully. The previous two nights, she stayed awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night and I was so tired, wanting her to go back to sleep. I hope tonight will be the same that she’ll sleep through the night, except when she’s hungry.
As for diaper changing… there are times where she peed while I was changing diapers. I had to change her clothes and wash her butt and her back after she peed on the changing table. I am glad she wasn’t a boy, or I’ll find myself cleaning the wall :) One night last week, on our bed, I was changing her diaper without the pad (I threw it in the laundry basket because it was dirty) and guess what? She decided to pee on our bed! How nice! :) Few nights ago, again, on our bed, I changed her diaper. She farted out her poop onto my legs, my right arm, and the changing pad. How fun! :) I think she likes it when we work harder :)
Raine is growing fast. She has baby fats now with dimples on her elbows and knees. Her cheeks have gained. Her feet, hands, and legs are fatter. She’s so cute! :) More pictures coming soon.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home