Wednesday, August 03, 2005

"Is the baby plastic?"

I had my Dr. appt today. On the ultrasound, I saw the baby's head. I think it has Todd's nose. The head looks nice and chubby :) Its head was leaning against its hand. The Dr. looked at the baby's heart, the fluid, and the spine. She asked me if I still don't want to find out the sex of the baby. I told her no and she said "Then I better not look for it!" and smiled. Then the Dr. checked to see if I am dilated. "You're 2cm dilated!" said the Dr. I was like, "Really??" and the nurse laughed. "Yep, you're," she raised two fingers, "2cm dilated!" I asked her if she knows when the baby will be born. She said that it should be on time or even earlier and that she doubt it'll be later than the due date. "Some women stays 2cm dilated for few weeks" she said. I hope the baby will stay inside for at least two more weeks. I want to be pregnant full term (37 to 42 weeks) so that the baby's lungs will be mature. My next appt will be on Aug 17th, and that is the day when I will be 37 weeks pregnant :) After that appt, it will be a weekly appt.

At work, one 5 year old girl just realized that I am pregnant. She asked me if I have a baby in my tummy. I told her "yes, there is a baby in my tummy." She asked "Is the baby plastic?" Haha. I told her that it is a real baby and that it will come out soon. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home