The Twenty-Third Month
Raine is doing great. Not much to report except that she now sleeps in her bed instead of her crib. She also now understands to get her Daddy’s attention, is to tap him.
I have a cute story about how Raine react/thinks about one situation. The third morning that she slept in her new bed, I was brushing my teeth, getting myself ready for work. I spotted Dasher walking into her room. I knew he was going to jump on her bed and wake her up so I stepped out of the bathroom and watched Dasher. As Dasher was on her bed, Raine was moving around and she fell off her bed (it is a toddler bed so it is close to the ground, also I had a pillow on the floor) so I ran in and picked her gently and put her back to her bed. She opened her eyes and frowned. She looked at me and then to the floor, and back to me. She signed “Me fall down, bump my head.” I smiled. She then signed “monkey” and I couldn’t help it but laugh. She was referring herself to the famous “5 Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed” song. I said to her “yes, you are like the monkey in the song.” A little while later, I was dressing Raine up on the changing table. She looked at the bed and then looked at me. She signed, “fall down, bump my head, monkey” and that just melt my heart. I just thought it was so cute!
Another story.. a brilliant thinking from a toddler! I was talking to a friend through a webcam. Raine was sitting on my lap and then she decided to get off. She discovered she could spin the chair around. And she kept on holding on to the chair and walked around and around. I was in the chair and every time I was facing the computer, I was signing to a friend then had to stop because I was going around. Raine thought it was hilarious. She was laughing so hard. She continued doing this for a while till I felt it was time to stop. So I pushed in my chair against the desk. She tried to swirl the chair again but couldn’t because the arms on the computer chair is right against the desk. She looked up at me and said, “stuck! stuck!” I told her “aw yeah, it’s stuck” and went back to my friend and continue talking. About 1 or 2 minutes later, Raine climbed in the chair and onto my lap. She squiggled around so I had to push the chair back to make some room for both of us. She quickly got down to the floor and began spinning me around again. She laughed and laughed. Wow! Did she figured it out to try that trick?!?
Raine and Todd went to New England for the week and as of right now, she is flying back home. I can’t wait to see her tonight. It has been a lonely week without her, but hey, I got the chance to do all the things I needed to do around the house. Raine had a blast with her grandparents, aunt & uncle, and of course with her Dad. She went to the family’s lake house, and to Cape Cod. She likes the waves. I can’t wait to hear what else she did there.
Meanwhile, here are the pictures for you to enjoy.

Climbing, her favorite thing to do :)


Uncle Jody and Raine.

Raine is laughing hard as Uncle Jody was playing with her surfer penguin toy.

Stacking up books.

Snoring with Dasher.

Raine and Mommy, our eyes are shaped the exact same way.


Focusing.


Raine and Mommy (the morning before she heads off to New England)

"A horse!"
Dancing Time!!






Reading.

Raine and cousin Gracie at the Lake.

Daddy and Raine at the Lake.

Enjoying the moment.



Raine, JaGee, and the eye pecker.

Raine and Poppy, enjoying the waves.

Raine trying to somersault.

Aunt Molly and Raine, the fish faces.
I have a cute story about how Raine react/thinks about one situation. The third morning that she slept in her new bed, I was brushing my teeth, getting myself ready for work. I spotted Dasher walking into her room. I knew he was going to jump on her bed and wake her up so I stepped out of the bathroom and watched Dasher. As Dasher was on her bed, Raine was moving around and she fell off her bed (it is a toddler bed so it is close to the ground, also I had a pillow on the floor) so I ran in and picked her gently and put her back to her bed. She opened her eyes and frowned. She looked at me and then to the floor, and back to me. She signed “Me fall down, bump my head.” I smiled. She then signed “monkey” and I couldn’t help it but laugh. She was referring herself to the famous “5 Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed” song. I said to her “yes, you are like the monkey in the song.” A little while later, I was dressing Raine up on the changing table. She looked at the bed and then looked at me. She signed, “fall down, bump my head, monkey” and that just melt my heart. I just thought it was so cute!
Another story.. a brilliant thinking from a toddler! I was talking to a friend through a webcam. Raine was sitting on my lap and then she decided to get off. She discovered she could spin the chair around. And she kept on holding on to the chair and walked around and around. I was in the chair and every time I was facing the computer, I was signing to a friend then had to stop because I was going around. Raine thought it was hilarious. She was laughing so hard. She continued doing this for a while till I felt it was time to stop. So I pushed in my chair against the desk. She tried to swirl the chair again but couldn’t because the arms on the computer chair is right against the desk. She looked up at me and said, “stuck! stuck!” I told her “aw yeah, it’s stuck” and went back to my friend and continue talking. About 1 or 2 minutes later, Raine climbed in the chair and onto my lap. She squiggled around so I had to push the chair back to make some room for both of us. She quickly got down to the floor and began spinning me around again. She laughed and laughed. Wow! Did she figured it out to try that trick?!?
Raine and Todd went to New England for the week and as of right now, she is flying back home. I can’t wait to see her tonight. It has been a lonely week without her, but hey, I got the chance to do all the things I needed to do around the house. Raine had a blast with her grandparents, aunt & uncle, and of course with her Dad. She went to the family’s lake house, and to Cape Cod. She likes the waves. I can’t wait to hear what else she did there.
Meanwhile, here are the pictures for you to enjoy.

Climbing, her favorite thing to do :)


Uncle Jody and Raine.

Raine is laughing hard as Uncle Jody was playing with her surfer penguin toy.

Stacking up books.

Snoring with Dasher.

Raine and Mommy, our eyes are shaped the exact same way.


Focusing.


Raine and Mommy (the morning before she heads off to New England)

"A horse!"
Dancing Time!!






Reading.

Raine and cousin Gracie at the Lake.

Daddy and Raine at the Lake.

Enjoying the moment.



Raine, JaGee, and the eye pecker.

Raine and Poppy, enjoying the waves.

Raine trying to somersault.

Aunt Molly and Raine, the fish faces.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home