The Twentieth Month

Raine is speaking a lot of words, and sentences. She would say “(somebody’s name) is in there,” “where’s (somebody’s name)?,” “the ball is in basket” "here you go," "bye bye (somebody's name)" and etc. Her teacher said that she is almost talking like 3 years old would talk. We’re floored. Who knew!?! As for her signing, she still signs in one-word sentences except for "daddy funny" and “more please.” She learned many more signs lately but I was only able to write down a few. The new words are orange, car, ice cream, hot, shh, swing, alligator, sunglasses, Annika, and Jody (her uncle). Her favorite sign is hot. She says that all the time. Whenever she gets in the car, she would sign “hot, hot, hot” and whenever she eats her dinner, she would say “hot, hot, hot” and blow her food to cool them off. It’s cute how she says it, I hope I’ll get the chance to videotape her signing hot.

Raine and Uncle Jody.
She is starting to pee in her potty. Hopefully someday soon, so she won’t need her diapers anymore hehe but we’re going to let her do it in her own pace.

Trying to take off her shorts.
She loves shoes. No questions about that. She would want to wear them all day and night. Even when she is slipped into her pajamas and is ready for bed, she would want to put her shoes on and go to bed. We kept on telling her that she should not wear shoes to bed. Also, she would put on my shoes, or anyone’s shoes that she’s interested in and walk around in them. She is a shoe girl like me, her JaGee, and her Aunt Molly.

Gotta love her new Mary Jane Crocs!

Dasher likes them too.
Raine LOVES drawing. She would draw and draw, on a piece of paper, the wall, the table, the floor, the dressers, basically everywhere! Hehe. We tell her to draw on paper only. Normally she will, but will begin to draw on the wall if we weren't paying attention. On Monday, I was on videophone with a friend and Raine was sitting on my lap. She was asking for a piece of paper and wanted to draw. So I got her a piece of paper and she began drawing. A few minute later, she looked up at me and said "duck" and I was amazed! "Wow, what a nice duck you got there!" I said to her. Of course, I kept the paper and the friend suggested me to write down what she said. A great idea! Also when she draws, she hold the pen or crayons the proper way. I have no idea where she got this from. Again, we're floored!

The wall.

Her drawing of a duck.

Opening up her journal.

Picking out crayons.

Begins to write.

Thinking of what to write.

Writing again.

Still writing. See how she is holding her crayons.. wow!
Raine loves school. When I go to pick her up, she is not in a hurry to go home, she would just stay around and play with the other kids.

Morning ride to school.

Walking to the building.

Watching her classmates.
On Easter day, Todd, Raine and I went over to the park to feed the ducks and to have a "snack" picnic. Raine enjoyed watching the ducks, feeding them and herself bread. She also enjoyed the playground. She's very independent, wanted to climb or try things on her own except for slide, she would want one of us to guide her down the slide. But once we did that, she could go down the slide on her own.

Daddy and Raine walking in the park.

Walking towards the pond. What was that face? Trying to imitate a duck?

Feeding the ducks.

Watching ducks racing for the bread.

Asking for more bread.

Watching ducks eat.

Eating bread.

Sitting down for picnic.

Conversation with Daddy.

Sitting on Mommy, eating strawberries.

Swing time.

Wanting to climb up on her own, Daddy had to assist her to make sure she doesn't fall.

One of those jumping pictures! Raine was jumping on the bridge (after seeing a kid doing that).

Daddy trying to get Raine in the tunnel. Raine's afraid of the tunnel for some reason.

"Need help?" asked Daddy. Raine replied "No, thank you."

Laughing on top of the slide.

Wanting to climb up.

"I see you, Mommy!"
Annika and Raine really enjoy spending time with each other. They would play, fight, and laugh, just like best friends do.

Eating dinner together.

Playing house.


3 Comments:
I fully approve of the mary jane crocs now only if they were available in my size in cotton candy!
Love AUntie Molly
AWW she has grown a lot!! 20 months already, wow. :) I especially love the duck imitation picture and LOVE her duck drawings, I can see a duck floating on water.
Clare
wow love the photographs :) has she drawn any more animals lately???
Post a Comment
<< Home