Canada eh?
What a week! On Tues. May 9th, Raine and I flew to Canada with my brother, Jody, and his fiancee, Stacy. We arrived at my parents' house at approximately 3am. Raine did very well on the plane. She got a lot of attention travelling here. People would go up to her and talk to her :) The next day, we all stayed home and rested.

"The tickling grass."

"Pfoo! Doggy breath! You need to brush your teeth. I can show you how, I've seen my parents do it."
On Thurs., I took Raine to visit my old school. There, we met a lot of people. Some of them were surprised that I have a daughter. Some of them already knew about it. It was good to see old faces especially one of my teacher who taught me in grade 1 and 2. I have not seen her for probably 15 years. It is interesting to see what they think of Raine. For those who have never seen Todd, thinks that Raine looks so much like my Dad. For those who knows Todd, would say that Raine looks like him but has my eyes.
On Fri., I had to go to Toronto to work and leave Raine with my parents and Jody n' Stacy. Seven or eight hours later, I returned home and Raine was so happy to see me :) Then we went over to visit my grandparents. They were thrilled to see us which we haven't seen each other for 2 years. My grandma thinks Raine looks like Todd. But later on, she says that Raine has my Dad's eyes. Ah, so many different opinions!

Raine and her Great-Grandpa.

Raine and her Great-Grandma.
On Sat, May 13th, the big day. My aunt is one of the co-founder of Deaf Culture Centre and that day was the gala and the opening of the centre. So I worked for the AV dept and worked with the videocamera. So I had to leave home at 7:30am and didn't come back home until like 2 in the morning. That was the longest I have been apart from Raine. When I came home, Raine was sleeping and then she woke up. It was so good to see her! And of course, I nursed her right away hehe.

Mommy working.
On Sun. morning, we all went to visit my other grandma. We had to drive 7 hours to get there. It was good to see her and of course, we took pictures of the 4 generations. My grandma, my mom, me, and Raine. All girls. Perfect day to do it since it was the mother's day. We were also surprised to see our other aunt (my mom's sister). It was good to see her as well.

The four generations.

Raine and her Great-Gramma.
Then on Mon., we drove back but stopped by Toronto to visit my aunt and uncle. We got home at midnight. We were so exhausted. Raine slept most of the time, lucky bum, she looked comfortable while my mom and I were not. Hehe.

Zzzing during her road trip.
Last night, Raine and I went over to one of my good friend's house. She has a 1 year old daughter and it was good to see them. Raine and Baileigh played with each other a little bit. Mostly, Baileigh would take stuff away from Raine hehe.

Baileigh and Raine.
One more adventurous week to go. We will visit my best friend and stay with her for two nights. She has a 4 1/2 year old son and I look forward seeing him, haven't seen him for 2 years. It'll be neat to see them interact :) Raine is enjoying herself here. She's growing her two bottom teeth. They are not fully grown yet but they are out of her gum. Two days ago, Raine stood on her own and then slowly kneeled down to the floor. Wow! Her sleeping pattern has changed because of her teething, and jetlag. So when we get back to Arizona, I hope Todd and I will be able to get her sleeping pattern back to normal. Just today, I was showing Raine a picture of Todd. I signed to her "that's Daddy" and she burst out laughing. It was so cute. I keep on repeating "Daddy" and she laughs every time and gets excited. I think she recognizes him in the picture. :)

"See my new teeth?"
Check out www.toddandjanis.com for April pictures :)

"The tickling grass."

"Pfoo! Doggy breath! You need to brush your teeth. I can show you how, I've seen my parents do it."
On Thurs., I took Raine to visit my old school. There, we met a lot of people. Some of them were surprised that I have a daughter. Some of them already knew about it. It was good to see old faces especially one of my teacher who taught me in grade 1 and 2. I have not seen her for probably 15 years. It is interesting to see what they think of Raine. For those who have never seen Todd, thinks that Raine looks so much like my Dad. For those who knows Todd, would say that Raine looks like him but has my eyes.
On Fri., I had to go to Toronto to work and leave Raine with my parents and Jody n' Stacy. Seven or eight hours later, I returned home and Raine was so happy to see me :) Then we went over to visit my grandparents. They were thrilled to see us which we haven't seen each other for 2 years. My grandma thinks Raine looks like Todd. But later on, she says that Raine has my Dad's eyes. Ah, so many different opinions!

Raine and her Great-Grandpa.

Raine and her Great-Grandma.
On Sat, May 13th, the big day. My aunt is one of the co-founder of Deaf Culture Centre and that day was the gala and the opening of the centre. So I worked for the AV dept and worked with the videocamera. So I had to leave home at 7:30am and didn't come back home until like 2 in the morning. That was the longest I have been apart from Raine. When I came home, Raine was sleeping and then she woke up. It was so good to see her! And of course, I nursed her right away hehe.

Mommy working.
On Sun. morning, we all went to visit my other grandma. We had to drive 7 hours to get there. It was good to see her and of course, we took pictures of the 4 generations. My grandma, my mom, me, and Raine. All girls. Perfect day to do it since it was the mother's day. We were also surprised to see our other aunt (my mom's sister). It was good to see her as well.

The four generations.

Raine and her Great-Gramma.
Then on Mon., we drove back but stopped by Toronto to visit my aunt and uncle. We got home at midnight. We were so exhausted. Raine slept most of the time, lucky bum, she looked comfortable while my mom and I were not. Hehe.

Zzzing during her road trip.
Last night, Raine and I went over to one of my good friend's house. She has a 1 year old daughter and it was good to see them. Raine and Baileigh played with each other a little bit. Mostly, Baileigh would take stuff away from Raine hehe.

Baileigh and Raine.
One more adventurous week to go. We will visit my best friend and stay with her for two nights. She has a 4 1/2 year old son and I look forward seeing him, haven't seen him for 2 years. It'll be neat to see them interact :) Raine is enjoying herself here. She's growing her two bottom teeth. They are not fully grown yet but they are out of her gum. Two days ago, Raine stood on her own and then slowly kneeled down to the floor. Wow! Her sleeping pattern has changed because of her teething, and jetlag. So when we get back to Arizona, I hope Todd and I will be able to get her sleeping pattern back to normal. Just today, I was showing Raine a picture of Todd. I signed to her "that's Daddy" and she burst out laughing. It was so cute. I keep on repeating "Daddy" and she laughs every time and gets excited. I think she recognizes him in the picture. :)

"See my new teeth?"
Check out www.toddandjanis.com for April pictures :)


3 Comments:
i envy you. i wish i had a pix like that- the one with four generations lined up. it made me wanna cry. raine is so fortunate to have a family like yours. she looks so happy. :)
hugs to y'all.
Rosa Lee
wow..glad you guys had a great trip to Canada. i'm sure raine was spoiled with attentions from families and friends.
The four generations pic is great! I did one on my dad's side and one on my mom's side. I have one pic of me as a baby with my mom, grandpa and great-grandma which is why I wanted to do it for Lochlan. Enjoy your time in Canada! (Phhbbt to Canada for being TOO big that we can't get together!) ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home