Sunday, April 23, 2006

"Where's the fan?"

Image hosting by Photobucket

Raine’s pretty much the same although there are few new things about her. First of all, Raine had her first swim (in a warm Jacuzzi) on April 16 at our friend’s house. She enjoyed it very much and then we tried her in our swimming pool that is much colder the next day. She certainly did not like the cold water at all! So, we kept her in the playpen, she became happy once again. :)
Image hosting by Photobucket
First swim with Mommy!

Image hosting by Photobucket
First swim with Daddy!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Playing in her playpen at our pool.

April 19th, Raine learned how to use her walker on her own but was wobbling. She is getting better and becoming more confident each day. Also, she discovered the step between our kitchen and dining room, and keeps on going up and down, up and down. The next day, I was feeding Raine her breakfast with her JaGee (Todd’s mother) next to us. I said to Raine, “Where’s the fan?” Raine looked up to the ceiling fan. JaGee and I looked at each other thinking, “Does she understand the word ‘fan’?” Then we asked her again, “Where’s the fan?” Sure enough, she looked up to the ceiling fan. We were amazed! For a week now, Todd and I keep on asking her where’s the fan. Every time, she would look up to the ceiling fan. Right now, we’re trying to figure out if she also understand the word ‘cat’ because at some time, she would look at the cats, other times she wouldn’t.
Image hosting by Photobucket
"I'm getting good at this!"

I can’t remember what else Raine does now. She is keeping me busier now. I can’t take my eyes off her anymore because she is becoming quicker at crawling, standing up, and all that. She is starting to understand how to get back down after she gets herself up to a standing position. I am not ready for her to start walking, so I am hoping she will walk when she is 1 year old :) Raine’s probably saying, “In your dreams, Mommy!”
Image hosting by Photobucket
"See, Mommy, I'm gonna walk soon! Only if I could get my hands off the ground!"

Todd's parents were in town for a week and we all went to Sabino Canyon.
Image hosting by Photobucket
"The water's too cold!"

Image hosting by Photobucket
"Are we going to see Maggie the mountain lion today, Daddy?"

Image hosting by Photobucket
All pooped out.

On Raine's 8 months birthday, she and I went hiking with Jenko again at the same trail as the last time. This time, it was 30 minutes shorter because I'm in a better shape (teehee).
Image hosting by Photobucket

This morning, Todd and I took Raine to the park. I took some pictures of them together.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

At another park, later that day..
Image hosting by Photobucket
"This is so much fun! Can we do this all day?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow great pictures! It's beautiful in Arizona! Wish I'm there enjoying the nature!

Raine as always..a beautiful child!

25/4/06 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're drooling !! We really want to come back. Love the pictures and Raine looks cute as always. Janis you look good.

Lyndsay&Ryan

26/4/06 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home