Smiling From Ear to Ear
I know I have been repeating myself, but time does fly by so fast! Raine is going to be 4 months old next Wednesday! She is growing more and more each day!

Raine pooped in the bathtub for the first time on Dec. 1st. I was taking a bath with Raine and when I rinsed her hair after putting shampoo on her head, she decided to let out some poop in the tub. I sighed and stood up with Raine and let the water drain out. Then I refilled the tub with clean water. :) It was cute.
Raine had her doctor appointment on Friday Dec. 2nd. She weighs 14 pounds 5 oz and is 24 ½ inches long. She had her last round of immunization shots until she becomes 1 year old. The doctor said she is all healthy and looks very good. Then later that night, she started to drool a lot (usually she would just drool a little bit). She got her shirt all wet. Three different women at different place and time asked me if Raine was teething. I told them I don’t know and they all said they think she is teething. We will see I guess. From now on, she has to wear a bib because it is a hassle to keep on changing her shirt :)
Then on Sunday Dec. 4th, Raine and I went to one of the interpreter’s house (for work) and Amy (the other interpreter) held her. All of the sudden, Raine started to cry real hard. She let out her first tear! Normally she would just have watery eyes when she cries, but this time her tear came out. Then that night we went to Jeannette’s bonfire party. Raine did excellent. She did not mind people holding her. It was good seeing her in a good mood :)
Wednesday Dec. 7th, I had Raine to do her tummy time. She rolled from her stomach to her back. Now, I don’t think she did it on purpose. I think she accidentally did it. I believe she will learn how to roll pretty soon. Then the next day, she discovered how to get my attention. She would scream loud with her eyes closed, then when I turn around to look at her, she would smile from ear to ear. I couldn’t resist but to give her all of my attention, she is too cute! Then one or two hours later, Raine was sitting on my lap while I was surfing through the web. Raine started to reach out to her toy on the desk. I was not sure if she did it on purpose (understanding of reaching out to an object in front of her) or she just happened to have her hands there. Later that night, the two interpreters came to my house (for work) and they both said that Raine does understand to reach out for toys. She is touching the toys, not yet grabbing them. On Friday, the three of us went to Ben’s Bells event and Raine is in love with Jeannette’s son, Matt. She would just stare at him and smile, giggle, and babble. Then when Matt started dancing, Raine danced along with him! She’s too young to have a boyfriend! :)
Early in the morning on Monday Dec. 12, Raine was already up. I woke up and looked at her. She smiled (she is the happiest baby in the world in the mornings) and I signed “good morning” to her. I think she started to babble in sign because she was moving her arms, hands, and fingers. It was neat to watch her babbling with her hands.
Yesterday, we went to visit the school where I worked. All of the children were so happy to see me and they were very curious of Raine. Raine was fascinated with the children. She kept on watching them and smiling at them. The children wanted to hold her, touch her, and all that. They sang her "Jingle Bells" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" gently. Raine enjoyed that. It was good to see them again. Some of the children have grown so much since the last time I saw them.
Since I last updated, Raine now touches an object in front of her but she has not reach and grab them yet. She looks out the window while riding in the car. She lifts her legs up all the time when she is laying down. I think pretty soon she will discover her feet and hold them. I love it when babies do that :) During her tummy time, she would try to pull her legs up (crawl position). She is laughing more and more now. She is like an English bulldog, drooling all over the place! I don’t feel her teeth yet but a teacher I worked with said it will take about one month for the teeth to finally come out. I guess I will look for her teeth next month :) Maybe she is not teething at all. I should have asked the doctor her last visit but she started drooling right after the doctor visit so I didn’t know. She can lift her head up 90 degrees, turn her head 180 degrees and follow you around the room. She also is starting to make raspberry sounds, blowing bubbles out of her mouth.



Be sure to check out for November pictures of Raine on www.toddandjanis.com!!
Raine pooped in the bathtub for the first time on Dec. 1st. I was taking a bath with Raine and when I rinsed her hair after putting shampoo on her head, she decided to let out some poop in the tub. I sighed and stood up with Raine and let the water drain out. Then I refilled the tub with clean water. :) It was cute.
Raine had her doctor appointment on Friday Dec. 2nd. She weighs 14 pounds 5 oz and is 24 ½ inches long. She had her last round of immunization shots until she becomes 1 year old. The doctor said she is all healthy and looks very good. Then later that night, she started to drool a lot (usually she would just drool a little bit). She got her shirt all wet. Three different women at different place and time asked me if Raine was teething. I told them I don’t know and they all said they think she is teething. We will see I guess. From now on, she has to wear a bib because it is a hassle to keep on changing her shirt :)
Then on Sunday Dec. 4th, Raine and I went to one of the interpreter’s house (for work) and Amy (the other interpreter) held her. All of the sudden, Raine started to cry real hard. She let out her first tear! Normally she would just have watery eyes when she cries, but this time her tear came out. Then that night we went to Jeannette’s bonfire party. Raine did excellent. She did not mind people holding her. It was good seeing her in a good mood :)
Wednesday Dec. 7th, I had Raine to do her tummy time. She rolled from her stomach to her back. Now, I don’t think she did it on purpose. I think she accidentally did it. I believe she will learn how to roll pretty soon. Then the next day, she discovered how to get my attention. She would scream loud with her eyes closed, then when I turn around to look at her, she would smile from ear to ear. I couldn’t resist but to give her all of my attention, she is too cute! Then one or two hours later, Raine was sitting on my lap while I was surfing through the web. Raine started to reach out to her toy on the desk. I was not sure if she did it on purpose (understanding of reaching out to an object in front of her) or she just happened to have her hands there. Later that night, the two interpreters came to my house (for work) and they both said that Raine does understand to reach out for toys. She is touching the toys, not yet grabbing them. On Friday, the three of us went to Ben’s Bells event and Raine is in love with Jeannette’s son, Matt. She would just stare at him and smile, giggle, and babble. Then when Matt started dancing, Raine danced along with him! She’s too young to have a boyfriend! :)
Early in the morning on Monday Dec. 12, Raine was already up. I woke up and looked at her. She smiled (she is the happiest baby in the world in the mornings) and I signed “good morning” to her. I think she started to babble in sign because she was moving her arms, hands, and fingers. It was neat to watch her babbling with her hands.
Yesterday, we went to visit the school where I worked. All of the children were so happy to see me and they were very curious of Raine. Raine was fascinated with the children. She kept on watching them and smiling at them. The children wanted to hold her, touch her, and all that. They sang her "Jingle Bells" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" gently. Raine enjoyed that. It was good to see them again. Some of the children have grown so much since the last time I saw them.
Since I last updated, Raine now touches an object in front of her but she has not reach and grab them yet. She looks out the window while riding in the car. She lifts her legs up all the time when she is laying down. I think pretty soon she will discover her feet and hold them. I love it when babies do that :) During her tummy time, she would try to pull her legs up (crawl position). She is laughing more and more now. She is like an English bulldog, drooling all over the place! I don’t feel her teeth yet but a teacher I worked with said it will take about one month for the teeth to finally come out. I guess I will look for her teeth next month :) Maybe she is not teething at all. I should have asked the doctor her last visit but she started drooling right after the doctor visit so I didn’t know. She can lift her head up 90 degrees, turn her head 180 degrees and follow you around the room. She also is starting to make raspberry sounds, blowing bubbles out of her mouth.
Be sure to check out for November pictures of Raine on www.toddandjanis.com!!


1 Comments:
Beautiful pictures!! Raine is truly a babe!! Just like her mommy!! I think Sabine was drooling for two months before her bottom tooth finally popped out.. Whew!
Post a Comment
<< Home