Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Plane, Train, and Automobile

We all have been busy for the last three weeks. So many things have happened and Raine is growing up and changing a lot. It is getting colder here in Tucson so Raine is starting to wear winter clothes. On Friday Nov. 11, Raine got to wear her jacket for the first time. It was cute seeing her in a pink jacket. Then on Saturday, we went to a friend’s housewarming party. There were like 30 people there and Raine did very well. The only thing that was difficult was she was very curious of the surrounding that she doesn’t want to eat. I knew she was hungry because she started to get a bit cranky but she did not want to miss out on anything. Finally I was able to get her to eat after a few hours of trying. I felt bad for a lady at the party because I handed Raine over to her and she was carrying Raine. Raine spit on her shirt. Oops! At least Raine didn’t poop on her. :)

Many big things have happened within a week. On Monday Nov. 14, she laughed out loud for the first time. It happened when we were putting a jacket on Raine and Todd laughed at her. He thought she looked cute in her jacket. Raine laughed back when Todd laughed. I told Todd to laugh again. So he did, and Raine laughed again. It was amazing! Such a joy to see her laughing! Then the next day, Raine found her thumb again. She was sucking her thumb but her fingers were in the way. :) But then her thumb ran away and hid from her. Later that morning, I brought her over to a mirror trying to get her to notice herself in the mirror. Finally she looked at herself in the mirror! Usually she would just look around the mirror. Anyway, she smiled when she saw herself, and then hid her face in my chest. She was shy of herself haha. I think she thinks that she in the mirror was another baby. I wonder when she will realize it was herself. :) Then, later that day, I was walking around in her room carrying her. She was focusing on a giraffe that was hanging from a ceiling. It has a spring attached to its back. So I decided to pull the giraffe down to her eye level. She carefully looked at it. Then I let go of it. The giraffe were bouncing up and down. All of the sudden, Raine laughed so hard. I kept on pulling it down and let go of it. She kept on laughing. It was so amazing! So much of new things happening the same day, it was unbelievable. Wow! Here's a picture of Raine sucking her thumb.


Saturday Nov. 19, a big day for Raine. She gets to fly in a plane for the first time. I was told to nurse her during lift off and landing. I was nervous that I wouldn’t be able to because Raine likes to eat whenever she wants. She doesn’t like me to tell her what to do. :) We drove two hours to get to Phoenix and when we got there, we went on the shuttle to get to the terminal (we parked at long term parking lot). While on the shuttle, Raine just started to smile widely just by staring at Todd. She thought her daddy was funny for some reason. When we got to the terminal, I realized I forgot my wallet in the car. So Todd had to take the shuttle back to the parking lot and get the wallet. I stayed at the terminal with Raine. She got hungry so I fed her. I was worried she wouldn’t be hungry when we fly off the land. We got on the plane just on time after some hassle at the security gate (it ain’t easy when you have a baby with you and they make you to do things). When we were on the plane, I was hoping that Raine would be hungry. Good enough, she got hungry when we first got in the air. I was able to nurse her and it seemed that she did not experience any pressure in her ears. Again, she thought her daddy was funny and began smiling. I told Todd not to make her smile because I want her to keep on eating. Todd said “I didn’t do anything!” hehe. Raine just thought he was funny. It was cute. She slept most of the time on the way to Rhode Island. As the plane was going down, I was able to nurse her again. No ear pressure. Whew. Brr! It was cold in Rhode Island but it seemed not to bother her. She was snuggled warmly in a bunting provided by her grandparents :)

On Sunday Nov. 20, Raine stood on her feet (of course, with me holding her) for a short time. I knew she had strong legs because she kicks real hard and tries to stand up when I hold her on my chest. Then later that evening, I was preparing a bath for Raine. She was sitting on my lap butt naked. I felt this warmth feeling and I looked down. She peed on me. Ah, such a joy! :) That was the first time she ever peed on somebody. Whew, so many things that Raine has see or learned to do within a week!


The next day, we celebrated Raine’s 3 month old by going to Boston. We went to see Star Wars exhibit at the Science Museum. After that we walked over to Haymarket, ate there, looked around stores. Then we went on a subway back to the science museum where we parked the car. Raine get to ride on the subway for the first time. Raine did excellent that day. A very good girl indeed!



A big day, Thanksgiving. Thursday Nov. 24, we had about 30 people over for thanksgiving. All of them are from Todd’s side of the family (both his mother and father’s side). Raine got to meet everyone except for her great aunt and uncle who could not make it from Florida. Some of them said Raine looks like her father. Few of them said Raine looked like her mother. Most of them said Raine is a combination of both of us. :) Raine was being a very good girl that day. It was when I realized, “Hey, what happened to her colic?” It seemed that she got over her colicky moments. But then I thought, well she is in a new environment. Maybe she will be back to her old self when we get back home. Anyway, that night, she slept for 7 hours! Boy I wish she does that every night. She must be exhausted from a big day!



On Friday, she met Rosa Lee. Unfortunately, she was sleepy that day. She did not do much for Rosa Lee to see :( But that’s okay. I was glad Rosa finally got to meet Raine. :) The next day, we flew back to Arizona. Again, Raine did very well on the plane. This time she was awake most of the time. At 3 months old, Raine has already has been to 3 states, Arizona, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts, and in 4 different kind of transportations, car, shuttle, plane, and subway. Lucky her!


It has been four days since we got back from Rhode Island. Raine still shows no sign of colic. I hope it has gone away! While in Rhode Island, we have discovered that Raine likes to flirt with men. Oh no! We will have to worry when she becomes 16! Haha. It seems she is attracted to male’s voice more than female’s voice. Maybe she likes hearing deep voice. She is very vocal. She loves to talk back when people are talking to her. She coos a lot! :) She is now growing out of her 0-3 months old clothes. I was sad to pack them away. At least, she got new clothes to wear for the next few months. Starting this week, she is trying to sit up by lifting her head when she is lying on a flat surface or when she is in a bouncer. She is growing up quickly! She has her doctor appointment on Friday. I am very curious how much she has grown since her last doctor visit two months ago. I think she now weighs 15 pounds. She also will have her final immunization shots until she is 1 year old. Just one more painful cry, Raine.

I think I will stop now, it is a long blog, and I don’t want to take too much of your time! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jt said...

WOW- we must think alike!! I was telling ALL of my friends that my Thanksgiving trip was "Plane, Train, & Autmobile"..... And we also went to Massachusetts! Darn- wish I knew. GREAT blog, full of updates! BTW- I still nurse Sabine during take-offs but it is much harder because her legs are really strong and kicks all over the place. Same thing when we change her diapers, she is so strong that she turns over and crawls away.. Every single time! Enjoy your sweet girl while she is still small & sweet ;)

30/11/05 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home