"Where is my thumb?"
It has been a while since I last updated on what’s going on. I have been busy for the last two weeks. I’m going to start with Oct. 22nd. Todd and I went out on a “double date” with Jody and Stacy. We went to see a one man show. Jeannette was babysitting Raine. When we dropped Raine off at Jeannette’s place, Raine was a bit colicky but she was also hungry. My heart sank when I left Raine. But I promised myself to enjoy the night with Todd and so I did :) When we got back to Jeannette’s house, Raine was doing well. I was glad to hear that! :)
On Wednesday Oct. 26, I was talking to Sheri on the videophone. Raine was with me, sitting on boppy which are a “C” shaped pillow to place around your waist. Raine was sucking her hand, which she does all the time trying to find her thumb. Then at last, she found her thumb. She sucked her thumb but her fingers were in the way, she didn’t make a “fist” instead she made a “high five.” I didn’t want her to suck her thumb because I don’t want her to be sucking her thumb at the age of 10! :) She was thrilled to be sucking even though her fingers were poking her eye and her nose. It was much better than sucking on her hand. But she lost her thumb again. Hehe. Stay lost, thumb!
We went to Ben’s Bell Project on Friday Oct. 28 at University Blvd. There was a Halloween Event going on there. Raine was in her peanut costume. I was dressed as a bee and Todd was dressed as Nemo from the movie Finding Nemo. We decided to enter Raine in a costume contest, competing against children from the age 0-10. And guess what?? Raine won first place for the most original costume. Imagine that, at 10 weeks old, she won her very first contest!! Whoo hoo!
Then that night, Raine’s paternal grandfather came for the weekend from Rhode Island. Raine was sleeping in my arms when her grandfather arrived. I handed Raine over to him and she woke up. There, they met for the first time :) Raine enjoyed her weekend with Pop. On Monday, we drove to Phoenix (about 2 hours drive) and I was surprised, Raine did well. Actually she slept the whole way there and back.
On Saturday, Nov. 5th, we went out on a date again :) This time we went to see a play, Bad Dates. Raine’s Aunt Stacy was babysitting Raine. Unfortunately, she had to deal with a major case of a colicky baby. :( Raine cried most of the night. Stacy did her best with Raine and felt terrible. I told her that it would have happened if Raine was with us anyway and not to feel bad about it.
I have a funny story to tell, well it was not funny to me at the moment but now I am laughing about it. This morning, I was changing Raine’s clothes. I was going to put her in an onesie and a pant because it was a bit chilly this morning. But then I decided to put on her cute one piece outfit on even though we were not going anywhere. Ten minutes later, she was doing her business, pooping. I was holding her while she was being busy. I felt something very warm. I looked down and noticed her poo was coming out of her outfit in her tummy area. I thought to myself “No! Not in this cute outfit!” So I took her to her room to change her clothes. Guess what? Not only she pooped out in front of the diaper, she also pooped out between her legs and her back. It was a MAJOR mess! Her tummy, legs, and back was filled with her poop. I thought to myself, “Why??? I just gave her a bath yesterday!” Six or seven wipes later, Raine decided to pee. So her urine went up her back because she was lying down. Argh!! I decided to give her a bath. Now she smells nice again :) And she is in her onesie and a pair of pants which I should have put on at the first place so that she would have been wearing that cute pink one piece outfit. Oh well.
What’s new with Raine? She smiles a lot early in the morning when she wakes up. But then become serious for the rest of the day hehe. Sometimes she does smile in the evening, but not often. . She laughs a teeny weeny bit. We’re waiting for her to laugh with a big ha ha ha. She has been talking a lot now. Likes to say ooh and ahh. She is more alert and is very active. She moves her arms and legs almost all the times, even when she is sleeping. But quiets down when she is in her deep sleep and when she first wakes up from a long nap. During tummy time, she is able to lift her head 45 degrees for a short time then gets worn out from that exercise. Her thumb is still lost, she continue looking for it by sucking her both hands. Oh, I finally figured out what makes her grunt and cry every time she has gas. It was APPLE JUICE!! I stopped drinking apple juice and she has stopped grunting. I thought maybe it was milk or something else, but no, it was simply an apple juice! I’m glad I was able to figure it out! Raine’s happier now hehe. Raine had her second round of shots last week and did well. She will have her last round of shots in 4 weeks, and won’t have another one until she becomes 1 year old. She weighs 14 pounds now :) Too heavy eh?
Check out www.toddandjanis.com soon for October pictures. Todd will post October pictures when he got the time.
On Wednesday Oct. 26, I was talking to Sheri on the videophone. Raine was with me, sitting on boppy which are a “C” shaped pillow to place around your waist. Raine was sucking her hand, which she does all the time trying to find her thumb. Then at last, she found her thumb. She sucked her thumb but her fingers were in the way, she didn’t make a “fist” instead she made a “high five.” I didn’t want her to suck her thumb because I don’t want her to be sucking her thumb at the age of 10! :) She was thrilled to be sucking even though her fingers were poking her eye and her nose. It was much better than sucking on her hand. But she lost her thumb again. Hehe. Stay lost, thumb!
We went to Ben’s Bell Project on Friday Oct. 28 at University Blvd. There was a Halloween Event going on there. Raine was in her peanut costume. I was dressed as a bee and Todd was dressed as Nemo from the movie Finding Nemo. We decided to enter Raine in a costume contest, competing against children from the age 0-10. And guess what?? Raine won first place for the most original costume. Imagine that, at 10 weeks old, she won her very first contest!! Whoo hoo!
Then that night, Raine’s paternal grandfather came for the weekend from Rhode Island. Raine was sleeping in my arms when her grandfather arrived. I handed Raine over to him and she woke up. There, they met for the first time :) Raine enjoyed her weekend with Pop. On Monday, we drove to Phoenix (about 2 hours drive) and I was surprised, Raine did well. Actually she slept the whole way there and back.
On Saturday, Nov. 5th, we went out on a date again :) This time we went to see a play, Bad Dates. Raine’s Aunt Stacy was babysitting Raine. Unfortunately, she had to deal with a major case of a colicky baby. :( Raine cried most of the night. Stacy did her best with Raine and felt terrible. I told her that it would have happened if Raine was with us anyway and not to feel bad about it.
I have a funny story to tell, well it was not funny to me at the moment but now I am laughing about it. This morning, I was changing Raine’s clothes. I was going to put her in an onesie and a pant because it was a bit chilly this morning. But then I decided to put on her cute one piece outfit on even though we were not going anywhere. Ten minutes later, she was doing her business, pooping. I was holding her while she was being busy. I felt something very warm. I looked down and noticed her poo was coming out of her outfit in her tummy area. I thought to myself “No! Not in this cute outfit!” So I took her to her room to change her clothes. Guess what? Not only she pooped out in front of the diaper, she also pooped out between her legs and her back. It was a MAJOR mess! Her tummy, legs, and back was filled with her poop. I thought to myself, “Why??? I just gave her a bath yesterday!” Six or seven wipes later, Raine decided to pee. So her urine went up her back because she was lying down. Argh!! I decided to give her a bath. Now she smells nice again :) And she is in her onesie and a pair of pants which I should have put on at the first place so that she would have been wearing that cute pink one piece outfit. Oh well.
What’s new with Raine? She smiles a lot early in the morning when she wakes up. But then become serious for the rest of the day hehe. Sometimes she does smile in the evening, but not often. . She laughs a teeny weeny bit. We’re waiting for her to laugh with a big ha ha ha. She has been talking a lot now. Likes to say ooh and ahh. She is more alert and is very active. She moves her arms and legs almost all the times, even when she is sleeping. But quiets down when she is in her deep sleep and when she first wakes up from a long nap. During tummy time, she is able to lift her head 45 degrees for a short time then gets worn out from that exercise. Her thumb is still lost, she continue looking for it by sucking her both hands. Oh, I finally figured out what makes her grunt and cry every time she has gas. It was APPLE JUICE!! I stopped drinking apple juice and she has stopped grunting. I thought maybe it was milk or something else, but no, it was simply an apple juice! I’m glad I was able to figure it out! Raine’s happier now hehe. Raine had her second round of shots last week and did well. She will have her last round of shots in 4 weeks, and won’t have another one until she becomes 1 year old. She weighs 14 pounds now :) Too heavy eh?
Check out www.toddandjanis.com soon for October pictures. Todd will post October pictures when he got the time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home