Thursday, October 20, 2005

Two months old

Not much have happened over the week. The last two nights, Raine has been colicky and Todd and I felt helpless. Instead of being frustrated, we find ways to make ourselves laugh. For example, when Raine was crying so hard, I blew air gently against her face and suddenly she stopped crying. She looked at me, and then cried again. I showed Todd the trick to make her stop crying for few seconds. Then when Todd was trying to console her, Todd tried the “blowing air” trick. Raine stopped crying, and looked at Todd. Todd blew lightly again, Raine blinked her eyes. Then Todd pretended to blow, Raine blinked. It was amazing to see that she knows what we should look like when we blow air to her face. We laughed. At least it made her stop crying for a short while, which gives her time to cool down. She sweats very easily when she cries.

Tomorrow, Raine will be 2 months old and on Sunday, she will be 9 weeks old. We can’t believe how the time goes so fast. It feels like she was only here for like 3 or 4 weeks.

Here are the lists of what she can do now:

-Lift head briefly when on stomach on a flat surface
-Focus on a face
-Respond to sounds such as startling, or stops crying
-Cooing
-Hold head steady when upright
-Pay attention an object
-Follow an object that moves 180 degrees (from one side to another)
-Bear some weight on legs when held upright

We are waiting for her to smile spontaneously. She is starting (starting today) to smile in response when she sees us and when we do physical contact. She squealed in delight once when she was lying down on the gym activity mat. During tummy playtime, she only could briefly lift her head. We are waiting for her to be able to lift her head 45 degrees. It looks like she doesn’t know how to use her arms yet because she is able to hold her head upright. Her neck is strong enough to be able to lift her head, she just need to learn to use her arms to be able to lift 45 or 90 degrees from flat surface :)

Pooped out from tummy playtime. Zzzzz.


Raine and Todd’s Snoopy


PS. I finally got my massage that I was supposed to have before the birth. It felt great!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww cute picture of Raine with Todd's snoopy :o)

21/10/05 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever so cute picture of Raine.... I read your blogger. I think that others who advised yu about received blanket. I do beleive that it might help too. Let you a try and see if it is work for your daughter, Raine. If she gets any sweat then not use it... I noticed that Raine is two months old.. Wow ...

21/10/05 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home