Week 3
Sorry for taking a while for me to post up news/updates. I have been either feeling tired, busy, or lazy hehe.
I need to remember where I left off.. Oh, on Sept. 9th, Raine, my mom, and I went over to the preschool where I worked to show everybody the baby. The children enjoyed having Raine over. They were touching Raine and asking me questions. One question was “What color are her eyes?” I told them that I don’t know. They were guessing it was purple, pink, or black. They also asked when she will open her eyes. I told them that she is sleeping right now and we don’t know when she’ll wake up. After a while, she finally opened her eyes (only for a short time), the children said “It’s brown!” :) Of course right now, Raine’s eyes are still “navy blue” and I can’t wait to see what color her eyes will be. My boss held Raine for the first time and I could see that she want another baby for herself haha. Later in the evening, my mom went over to Jody and Stacy’s place for the night. Todd and I stayed home and rested. Raine was awake for 1 or 2 hours. We decided to try the gym thingie (where babies can lay down and look up to see different colorful stuff hanging down) and Raine was looking at the animals for a short while then she began to cry. The first time we tried it was when she was a little less than a week old; she didn’t like lying down on the floor at all. So the second time around, she was able to lay on the floor for a short time. The third time was about a week later, she was able to stay there longer :) I guess we need to wait till she really can see and enjoy looking at animals or whatever is hanging above her eyes.
The next day, we all went to my boss’ son’s birthday party at a park. Several parents from school were there and they were glad to see Raine. Again, Raine did well (last week at another party she did well). I think she enjoys being outside.
Early morning on Monday, Sept. 12th, Jody, Raine, and I took my mom to the airport. It was really nice to have her here for a week to help us around the house. Like Todd’s mom, she helped with the laundry, dishes, cleaning up the floors, cooking, etc. Thanks so much to both our moms. It was really helpful. We really appreciate it!!!
We stayed home all week then on Thursday, Sept. 15, Raine was crying off and on from 5:30 till about 8:30. Todd and I believe it was gas. We could see that she was very uncomfortable and it was bothering, and hurting her. We tried as much as we could to comfort her. We tried feeding her, burping her, walk her around the house, move her legs as if she was riding a bike, rub her stomach, and rock her. Finally, I decided to take her in her bedroom with lights off (except for night light) and sat in the rocking chair. I rocked and rocked. Then I decided to hum/sing Hush Little Baby and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. And guess what? She fell asleep!! Hoorah!! We did it!! Whew, that was quite a work!
The next day, we all went to Ben’s Bells event, to help paint the beads. Raine did excellent! At first she was sleeping, and then she woke up. I handed her over to Jeannette (Raine’s favorite interpreter!) because both Todd and I needed to paint, and she was holding Raine for a long time. Then Raine finally fusses. It was because she was hungry. I was glad to see that Raine do well when we go out and is fine with other people holding her :)
Then on Saturday, again, Raine’s stomach was bothering her. We did everything we could and Todd decided to go to the drug store and buy Infants’ Mylicon Gas Relief medicine. It seems to help a little bit because she doesn’t cry when she grunts after taking the meds. I gave her another one today and she is now sleeping peacefully. It is hard seeing her uncomfortable or in pain. It’s hard to see her cry :( I hope her gas problem will go away soon.
I can’t believe she will be 1 month old on Wednesday! Time does fly fast! She has grown so much since she was born. She is definitely fatter now :) I love her baby fat, her fat feet, and her dimples. She now have dimples on her knuckles, ah so cute! Other than the grunting and the gas, she is doing great. She sleeps longer during nights now. Before she would wake up every hour or two, now it is every 2 or 3 hours. She is eating longer now. She used to eat for 5 minutes and now she is eating for 10 minutes, sometimes longer. I am starting to pump breast milk now so that Todd can have his bonding time with Raine. I love seeing him holding her, and feeding her. Nothing beats seeing the bonding between fathers and daughters eh? It was hard to pump at first, but now it is getting better. I guess it takes some time to get it right.
I really can’t wait to see her grow! Last night, Todd and I were watching a movie. In the movie, there was a scene where the father and his brother were watching the son playing in the sand at a beach. That made Todd and I feel excited! We can’t wait to sit on the beach, watching Raine play in the sand in front of the ocean. It will be fun seeing her grow, starting to crawl, walk, and to communicate with us!
I am going to go now because Todd just got home from work. Ta-da for now!
I need to remember where I left off.. Oh, on Sept. 9th, Raine, my mom, and I went over to the preschool where I worked to show everybody the baby. The children enjoyed having Raine over. They were touching Raine and asking me questions. One question was “What color are her eyes?” I told them that I don’t know. They were guessing it was purple, pink, or black. They also asked when she will open her eyes. I told them that she is sleeping right now and we don’t know when she’ll wake up. After a while, she finally opened her eyes (only for a short time), the children said “It’s brown!” :) Of course right now, Raine’s eyes are still “navy blue” and I can’t wait to see what color her eyes will be. My boss held Raine for the first time and I could see that she want another baby for herself haha. Later in the evening, my mom went over to Jody and Stacy’s place for the night. Todd and I stayed home and rested. Raine was awake for 1 or 2 hours. We decided to try the gym thingie (where babies can lay down and look up to see different colorful stuff hanging down) and Raine was looking at the animals for a short while then she began to cry. The first time we tried it was when she was a little less than a week old; she didn’t like lying down on the floor at all. So the second time around, she was able to lay on the floor for a short time. The third time was about a week later, she was able to stay there longer :) I guess we need to wait till she really can see and enjoy looking at animals or whatever is hanging above her eyes.
The next day, we all went to my boss’ son’s birthday party at a park. Several parents from school were there and they were glad to see Raine. Again, Raine did well (last week at another party she did well). I think she enjoys being outside.
Early morning on Monday, Sept. 12th, Jody, Raine, and I took my mom to the airport. It was really nice to have her here for a week to help us around the house. Like Todd’s mom, she helped with the laundry, dishes, cleaning up the floors, cooking, etc. Thanks so much to both our moms. It was really helpful. We really appreciate it!!!
We stayed home all week then on Thursday, Sept. 15, Raine was crying off and on from 5:30 till about 8:30. Todd and I believe it was gas. We could see that she was very uncomfortable and it was bothering, and hurting her. We tried as much as we could to comfort her. We tried feeding her, burping her, walk her around the house, move her legs as if she was riding a bike, rub her stomach, and rock her. Finally, I decided to take her in her bedroom with lights off (except for night light) and sat in the rocking chair. I rocked and rocked. Then I decided to hum/sing Hush Little Baby and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. And guess what? She fell asleep!! Hoorah!! We did it!! Whew, that was quite a work!
The next day, we all went to Ben’s Bells event, to help paint the beads. Raine did excellent! At first she was sleeping, and then she woke up. I handed her over to Jeannette (Raine’s favorite interpreter!) because both Todd and I needed to paint, and she was holding Raine for a long time. Then Raine finally fusses. It was because she was hungry. I was glad to see that Raine do well when we go out and is fine with other people holding her :)
Then on Saturday, again, Raine’s stomach was bothering her. We did everything we could and Todd decided to go to the drug store and buy Infants’ Mylicon Gas Relief medicine. It seems to help a little bit because she doesn’t cry when she grunts after taking the meds. I gave her another one today and she is now sleeping peacefully. It is hard seeing her uncomfortable or in pain. It’s hard to see her cry :( I hope her gas problem will go away soon.
I can’t believe she will be 1 month old on Wednesday! Time does fly fast! She has grown so much since she was born. She is definitely fatter now :) I love her baby fat, her fat feet, and her dimples. She now have dimples on her knuckles, ah so cute! Other than the grunting and the gas, she is doing great. She sleeps longer during nights now. Before she would wake up every hour or two, now it is every 2 or 3 hours. She is eating longer now. She used to eat for 5 minutes and now she is eating for 10 minutes, sometimes longer. I am starting to pump breast milk now so that Todd can have his bonding time with Raine. I love seeing him holding her, and feeding her. Nothing beats seeing the bonding between fathers and daughters eh? It was hard to pump at first, but now it is getting better. I guess it takes some time to get it right.
I really can’t wait to see her grow! Last night, Todd and I were watching a movie. In the movie, there was a scene where the father and his brother were watching the son playing in the sand at a beach. That made Todd and I feel excited! We can’t wait to sit on the beach, watching Raine play in the sand in front of the ocean. It will be fun seeing her grow, starting to crawl, walk, and to communicate with us!
I am going to go now because Todd just got home from work. Ta-da for now!


4 Comments:
I just smiled when I read this entry because it brought back memories of when I first became a mother. Each day is a new learning experience and I admit with my second child, it never stops. :-)
With the gas thing, you seem to have it all figured out!! A question, do you wrap her up with a recieving blanket? Alex used to cry a lot as well and I found wrapping him up in a recieving blanket helped a lot. We have to remember where they came from was a very warm and snuggly place. That was one of the best suggestion I got when Alex was born. :-D
We didnt try wrapping her up with recieving blanket.. its too hot here in AZ.. I dont know if she ll feel hot or it ll be fine with her. She sweats easily (just like todd) :) I should try that next time.
avoid tomatoes, salad dressing, diary... they are the "hidden" ingredients that often upset babies. but you know her digestive system will soon mature... good job mommy... your baby is soooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks.. i ll try avoiding tomatoes
Post a Comment
<< Home