Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Eighteenth Month

Wow, Raine is 18 months already. Raine has been picking up signs a lot lately. The new signs she now uses are “brush my teeth,” penguin, “I love you,” please, cracker, funny, mine, “good job,” poppy, grandma, lights on/off, apple, mommy, stand, pee-pee, and hug. She learned so many signs for the past two weeks and I am starting to lose track of what she now knows, but was able to write down as much as I can. According to the list, she now knows 63 words. I bet sooner or later, I will lose track of new signs and will not be write them down anymore. As her signing is expanding, she also is speaking a lot of spoken words. I don’t know all of them but there are few words that I could understand and they are no, mine, ow, Elmo, and poppy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Signing ILY

Raine says “mommy” all the times now, both vocally and signing, along with “daddy.” Finally!! I have been waiting for this for a long time because for a while, she only said “daddy, daddy, daddy” and now she is like “mommy, mommy, mommy.” I got a new job last month, a 40-hour job. It was a big change for all of us especially Raine (and of course, me). I used to work 20 hours a week and was able to spend the whole afternoon with Raine. But now that I work at a new job, the only time I am able to spend with her is after school. We get home at about 5pm and by 7ish, she goes to bed. In the morning, I don’t get the chance to see her because I leave for work before she wakes up. When she wakes up, she goes around the house looking for me. When I pick her up from school, she comes running to me. She doesn’t really do that before. Whenever I am with her, she would make sure I am right next to her. If I were about to walk away, she would ask me to pick her up. I can see that she realizes we spend less time together so she grabs every chance she has with me. When Raine and I went to Canada because of the death of my grandmother, Raine kept on saying “daddy” whenever she saw pictures of Todd. When we got on videophone, she would signal Todd to pick her up. When I turned on the TV and videophone (not in call or anything) she looked at it and said “daddy” and it is like she is asking to call her dad. When Raine and I went to take a bath together, Raine found a soap bar (my parents use the exact same brand that we use at home) and played with it for a while then she looked up at me and said “daddy” and that sent a shiver up my spine because she recognizes the smell and thought of her dad. So amazing! When we went to a ball hockey tournament, she thought she saw her dad several times but they were some guys with dark hair. I can see that she is starting to cherish us as her parents. It is such a special feeling to see her to think the world of us. We are her world.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Rubber duckies, I love you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, and you!!!"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Drawing on her tummy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Like my tattoo?"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Hey! Whatcha doing in there?"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Ah, now I understand why Dasher likes it in here."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Of course, dad's superstar!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Raine's newest friend, one month old Ty.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Raine, Mommy, and baby Ty.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Raine prefers rain, not snow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Few days later, she realizes that there is something called snow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Exploring snow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"I think I may like snow, but it is too cold outside. Can we bring snow inside the house mommy?"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Visiting Raine's great-grandpa.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mommy, Raine, and Great-Grandpa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home