School? What's School?
Here's Raine, in front of our house...

... getting ready for school!
Today was Raine's first day of school! It went very well. She handled it better than I did :) She really enjoyed all the stuff they had at the school, and as for me, I was nervous because I felt Raine was so small and tiny! She is the smallest, the youngest, and the only girl in her class! She is definitely ready for school. When I took her home, she fell asleep immediately in the car, must be so tired from all that adventure she had this morning :) In fact, she is still napping here, been 2 hours already!

Looking at the sign on the wall.

Working.

I like school!
Raine learned few more signs. She now signs baby, drink/water, and ball. A total of 13 words now. Here is a video clip of her signing some words. She also can nod and shake her head. I don't think she understand "yes" and "no" yet but she likes to copy us whenever we nod or shake our heads. It is fun watching her develop languages and that make it less frustrating for her since she can tell us what she wants. Anyhee, here's the video!
Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

... getting ready for school!
Today was Raine's first day of school! It went very well. She handled it better than I did :) She really enjoyed all the stuff they had at the school, and as for me, I was nervous because I felt Raine was so small and tiny! She is the smallest, the youngest, and the only girl in her class! She is definitely ready for school. When I took her home, she fell asleep immediately in the car, must be so tired from all that adventure she had this morning :) In fact, she is still napping here, been 2 hours already!

Looking at the sign on the wall.

Working.

I like school!
Raine learned few more signs. She now signs baby, drink/water, and ball. A total of 13 words now. Here is a video clip of her signing some words. She also can nod and shake her head. I don't think she understand "yes" and "no" yet but she likes to copy us whenever we nod or shake our heads. It is fun watching her develop languages and that make it less frustrating for her since she can tell us what she wants. Anyhee, here's the video!
Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing


7 Comments:
Those sneakers are killin me! Raine we are so proud of you!
Love Uncle Stephen & Auntie M
Wow - is this pre-school for Raine?? I've heard of toddler programs for age 2+ but not for 1 year olds! Is this common in AZ? And I'm not sure if I ever found out - is Raine hearing or deaf? I was wondering because I've heard of programs for deaf/hoh children where they start school extra early, but not for hearing children. Ofc I'm super curious since we've got less than 3 months to go for our kiddo and we'll have to make these choices soon.
Love the clothes - Roots -how fitting! ;-)
It is a montessori preschool :) You can check your location for Montessori school.. few of them will accept infants. The one Raine goes to accept 1 year old and over..
WOWOWOWOWOW! Janis, you and Todd must be so proud of Raine! I know I am! =D
I didn't realize that Montessori schools take in babies...Raine isn't even 1 yet! ;) How often does she go to school?
She goes to school M-F from 8 to 12:30 (1/2 day).. she seems to love it there.. Yes Raine is an exception cuz I am returning to work there :-D
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
How cute!! She is adorable!
Post a Comment
<< Home