A Trip to Mexico
Todd's mom came for the weekend on the first weekend of June and Raine enjoyed having her here. Then on Tues. we went to San Carlos, Mexico for a mini family vacation. Raine now has been to three countries. Imagine that, she is only 9 months old and she get to see 3 countries, USA, Canada, and Mexico. Raine enjoyed the beach. She really likes playing with the sand. She would crawl all over the sandy beach, and we had to be careful because there were several Portuguese Man-O-War jellyfish stranded on shore. Todd took her swimming in the ocean several times and she liked that.

Swimming with Daddy

Playing in the sand

Sandy face
Raine now can stand on her own for like 30 or so seconds then she would slowly kneel down. She can walk by holding on with one hand. She crawls on all four more and more each day than crawling on her knees. I don't know if that means she will be walking soon? She's very quick now. I looked away for few seconds and then I couldn't find her. I finally found her on the steps, nearly to the top. She was following one of our cats. That scared me! Whew.

"Whee, I'm standing.. move over Mommy, let me walk now"
As for signing, Raine still signs "fan." She now signs "bed." I am waiting for her to sign "cat," "daddy," and "mommy." Hehe. She babbles with her hands a lot. Same motions, handshape, and all. It looks like she is trying to sign something but we couldn't figure it out yet. She loves to talk with her voice. She would talk and talk and talk to herself. It is so cute because it actually does look like she is really making a conversation.

One of Raine's babble signs.

Looking at the ocean.
Before we went to Mexico, Raine had her 9 months old doctor appt. She is good and healthy. She has only gained 1 pound since 6 months old. I was worried but the doctor said that it is because she is now burning calories by crawling and being active. She is growing well, and that is important. :)
A kite flyer!



Swimming with Daddy

Playing in the sand

Sandy face
Raine now can stand on her own for like 30 or so seconds then she would slowly kneel down. She can walk by holding on with one hand. She crawls on all four more and more each day than crawling on her knees. I don't know if that means she will be walking soon? She's very quick now. I looked away for few seconds and then I couldn't find her. I finally found her on the steps, nearly to the top. She was following one of our cats. That scared me! Whew.

"Whee, I'm standing.. move over Mommy, let me walk now"
As for signing, Raine still signs "fan." She now signs "bed." I am waiting for her to sign "cat," "daddy," and "mommy." Hehe. She babbles with her hands a lot. Same motions, handshape, and all. It looks like she is trying to sign something but we couldn't figure it out yet. She loves to talk with her voice. She would talk and talk and talk to herself. It is so cute because it actually does look like she is really making a conversation.

One of Raine's babble signs.

Looking at the ocean.
Before we went to Mexico, Raine had her 9 months old doctor appt. She is good and healthy. She has only gained 1 pound since 6 months old. I was worried but the doctor said that it is because she is now burning calories by crawling and being active. She is growing well, and that is important. :)
A kite flyer!




2 Comments:
Aww, I love that sandy face pic of Raine! She looks EXACTLY like Todd in that picture! ;)
Raine is DEFINITELY gonna be walking soon! Zoe, the baby who lives up the hill from us (10 days younger than Loch) has already walked with one hand for two months and recently started taking steps. She NEVER crawled! Imagine that! She would scoot on her bottom which is the FUNNIEST thing in the world! =D
Looking forward to Raine's first step!
Wow what an adventure Raine had since she born! :)
Love the pictures you posted! She sure look like she loves the ocean/beach very much!
Standing and walking soon...where did time go? WOW!
Post a Comment
<< Home