"She's still perfect!"
Feb. 17th, the same night after I posted up the "Happy Feet" blog, she lifted up her arms wanting me to pick her up for the first time! Dean was holding her while I was rinsing her bowl, and came up to her, all of the sudden she just lifted up her arms! I gave her back to Dean, and wanted to see if she would do it again. Sure enough, she did! It melted my heart when she did that. I felt so good because it confirms that she knows I am her mother and trust me with all of her heart. Then the next day, she learned how to roll from her stomach to her back without my help, and she just kept on rolling and rolling. I just laid on the floor with her and watched her roll. It was a nice moment.
On Feb. 23, we went hiking up the mountain with Jenko. It was such a good workout, now remember I haven't worked out since I found out I was pregnant with Raine. We went on about 4 mile hike and up about 4000 ft. elevation. I was carrying Raine in her snugli, I was sweating like a pig, and was out of breath every step I made. When we got back to the ground, I gave Raine to Jenko to carry and she was amazed how heavy Raine was and that I carried her up and down the mountain. Hehe. Raine did very well the whole hike. She enjoyed looking around and slept only for about 20 min while we were up high on the mountain.

See how red my face was? That shows how much I was out of breath!

Proudly telling Todd that I am nearly at the top

"It's too bright! Can I borrow your sunglasses, mommy?"

Jenko and Raine
Sunday Feb. 26, Raine crawled a little bit with her arms. I ran to get the video camera and was hoping she would do it again. But this time, she was looking at Tommy Hilfiger logo on my socks and was trying to reach for it. I took a video of her doing that and she got on her knees! I was so excited and that when Raine took her morning nap, I hooked up the video camera to my mac and edited away! You can see the video in one of the blog below.
The next day, Raine had her 6 months doctor appt. She weighs 17.1 pounds and is 26 1/4 inches long. The doctor said "she's still perfect." :) I can't believe she gained 10 pounds and grew 5 inches since she was born. When we were waiting in the waiting room, there was this woman with a newborn baby, probably few days old and the baby was so tiny. I couldn't believe Raine was that small. It has only been 6 months but I forgot what she was like when she was born until I looked through the pictures. She was skinny and small! :)

Look how small Raine was!

Look how skinny Raine was!
On Tuesday, Baylee and her mom came for a visit. It was interesting to see how they interact (they're 5 days apart). They were reaching out and grabbing each other. I took about 250 pictures that day! Hehe. While Raine and Baylee were on the floor playing with toys, Raine got onto her tummy and just crawled backwards with her arms. It was cute.

Baylee and Raine
The next day, Todd was putting Raine to nap in her crib. Todd came to me and said "Come and look! Raine is standing on her hands and feet." I grabbed the camera and took a picture of her. She was mad because she didn't want to sleep so I guess she was trying to get out of the crib. :)

"I don't want to sleep!!!"
Friday March 3rd, Raine had a hard afternoon. She was crying off and on all afternoon and night. She was fine in the morning but not in the afternoon/night. We didn't know what was wrong. Maybe she was teething? Or she just had an off day. She was in a jolly mood the next day. Who knows what was wrong, oh well.
Two nights ago, I gave her a bath and for some reason, she discovered splashing. It was so funny because when she slapped the water, the water splashed onto her face and she was startled. Then she smiled and slapped the water again. She enjoys splashing water now. Todd and I bought bath toys yesterday, and can't wait to use them with Raine. She loves her rubber duckie, and we thought she will enjoy more toys.
Ever since we started feeding her solids, she sleeps less hours during the night. Usually she would sleep about 4 hours before her next feeding but this time she would wake up after 2 or 3 hours. But, for 3 nights in a row, she slept for 7 hours!! I certainly hope she continues that!
Raine still put her hand in my mouth when she is trying to sleep. I really enjoy her doing that. Makes my heart bloom :) She also likes to grab our cheeks and give us a kiss (at least that's what I think she is doing) with her mouth open (not plucking her lips yet). She enjoys screaming out loud. It hurts people's ears haha. Raine is sitting up very well. She can sit up for a real long time (an hour), and she focuses on toys and play with them. The doctor suggested us to start her with a sippie cup to practice until she is ready to use them. So we gave her the sippie cup and she really enjoys chewing the suction part (top part). Raine now reaches out for anything she sees interesting. She will go extra mile to get what she wants in her sight. I have to be extra careful now! At the mall the other day, I was eating at a food court and was holding Raine in my lap. She saw the keys in the stroller and she wanted to get it. I wouldn't let her get it by moving the stroller a bit further. I was eating my food, and realized Raine was being quiet. I looked to see what she was doing and she had my keys in her mouth! How did she get the keys that were far from her reach? Wow! Raine really enjoys solid food. She would open her mouth in her highchair before I bring the food to her. So adorable! Raine loves the cats! She would get all excited when the cats come up to her and pet them (actually grabbing them).

"Get ready for my big wet kiss, Mommy!"

Focusing on her toys

"I love my sippie cup!"

"Hello Kitty"

"You're so soft, Dasher"
Within the 2 weeks, she learned so many things quickly, sitting, rolling, lifting her arms for me to pick her up, and getting on her knees. I felt teeny weeny overwhelmed. I knew she would do all those things but not within two weeks. We started baby proofing our house because who knows in a blink of an eye, Raine would start crawling! Even though I don't want her to be crawling anytime soon, I have to admit, it is exciting to see her develop so many things in short time. So, yeah, I get excited when she gets on her knees :)

Raine and Daddy

On her 6 month birthday

My grandma made this hat for my Cabbage Patch Kids when I was a little girl, and I tried it on Raine, it fits!

"On my knees!"

"Hello there!"

"Ain't I irresisitible?"
On Feb. 23, we went hiking up the mountain with Jenko. It was such a good workout, now remember I haven't worked out since I found out I was pregnant with Raine. We went on about 4 mile hike and up about 4000 ft. elevation. I was carrying Raine in her snugli, I was sweating like a pig, and was out of breath every step I made. When we got back to the ground, I gave Raine to Jenko to carry and she was amazed how heavy Raine was and that I carried her up and down the mountain. Hehe. Raine did very well the whole hike. She enjoyed looking around and slept only for about 20 min while we were up high on the mountain.

See how red my face was? That shows how much I was out of breath!

Proudly telling Todd that I am nearly at the top

"It's too bright! Can I borrow your sunglasses, mommy?"

Jenko and Raine
Sunday Feb. 26, Raine crawled a little bit with her arms. I ran to get the video camera and was hoping she would do it again. But this time, she was looking at Tommy Hilfiger logo on my socks and was trying to reach for it. I took a video of her doing that and she got on her knees! I was so excited and that when Raine took her morning nap, I hooked up the video camera to my mac and edited away! You can see the video in one of the blog below.
The next day, Raine had her 6 months doctor appt. She weighs 17.1 pounds and is 26 1/4 inches long. The doctor said "she's still perfect." :) I can't believe she gained 10 pounds and grew 5 inches since she was born. When we were waiting in the waiting room, there was this woman with a newborn baby, probably few days old and the baby was so tiny. I couldn't believe Raine was that small. It has only been 6 months but I forgot what she was like when she was born until I looked through the pictures. She was skinny and small! :)
Look how small Raine was!
Look how skinny Raine was!
On Tuesday, Baylee and her mom came for a visit. It was interesting to see how they interact (they're 5 days apart). They were reaching out and grabbing each other. I took about 250 pictures that day! Hehe. While Raine and Baylee were on the floor playing with toys, Raine got onto her tummy and just crawled backwards with her arms. It was cute.
Baylee and Raine
The next day, Todd was putting Raine to nap in her crib. Todd came to me and said "Come and look! Raine is standing on her hands and feet." I grabbed the camera and took a picture of her. She was mad because she didn't want to sleep so I guess she was trying to get out of the crib. :)
"I don't want to sleep!!!"
Friday March 3rd, Raine had a hard afternoon. She was crying off and on all afternoon and night. She was fine in the morning but not in the afternoon/night. We didn't know what was wrong. Maybe she was teething? Or she just had an off day. She was in a jolly mood the next day. Who knows what was wrong, oh well.
Two nights ago, I gave her a bath and for some reason, she discovered splashing. It was so funny because when she slapped the water, the water splashed onto her face and she was startled. Then she smiled and slapped the water again. She enjoys splashing water now. Todd and I bought bath toys yesterday, and can't wait to use them with Raine. She loves her rubber duckie, and we thought she will enjoy more toys.
Ever since we started feeding her solids, she sleeps less hours during the night. Usually she would sleep about 4 hours before her next feeding but this time she would wake up after 2 or 3 hours. But, for 3 nights in a row, she slept for 7 hours!! I certainly hope she continues that!
Raine still put her hand in my mouth when she is trying to sleep. I really enjoy her doing that. Makes my heart bloom :) She also likes to grab our cheeks and give us a kiss (at least that's what I think she is doing) with her mouth open (not plucking her lips yet). She enjoys screaming out loud. It hurts people's ears haha. Raine is sitting up very well. She can sit up for a real long time (an hour), and she focuses on toys and play with them. The doctor suggested us to start her with a sippie cup to practice until she is ready to use them. So we gave her the sippie cup and she really enjoys chewing the suction part (top part). Raine now reaches out for anything she sees interesting. She will go extra mile to get what she wants in her sight. I have to be extra careful now! At the mall the other day, I was eating at a food court and was holding Raine in my lap. She saw the keys in the stroller and she wanted to get it. I wouldn't let her get it by moving the stroller a bit further. I was eating my food, and realized Raine was being quiet. I looked to see what she was doing and she had my keys in her mouth! How did she get the keys that were far from her reach? Wow! Raine really enjoys solid food. She would open her mouth in her highchair before I bring the food to her. So adorable! Raine loves the cats! She would get all excited when the cats come up to her and pet them (actually grabbing them).
"Get ready for my big wet kiss, Mommy!"
Focusing on her toys
"I love my sippie cup!"
"Hello Kitty"
"You're so soft, Dasher"
Within the 2 weeks, she learned so many things quickly, sitting, rolling, lifting her arms for me to pick her up, and getting on her knees. I felt teeny weeny overwhelmed. I knew she would do all those things but not within two weeks. We started baby proofing our house because who knows in a blink of an eye, Raine would start crawling! Even though I don't want her to be crawling anytime soon, I have to admit, it is exciting to see her develop so many things in short time. So, yeah, I get excited when she gets on her knees :)
Raine and Daddy
On her 6 month birthday
My grandma made this hat for my Cabbage Patch Kids when I was a little girl, and I tried it on Raine, it fits!
"On my knees!"
"Hello there!"
"Ain't I irresisitible?"


3 Comments:
AWWWW Soo cute. She sounds like she's a very happy baby and you sound like you're SO loving your motherhood.
I look at lil' elk and am so shocked on how much he has grown and he's only 2 months old. Yikes, what will he be like in 4 months?! I think I'm gonna go and hug my lil' man and never let go :)
Oh my gosh! Raine really IS growing so quickly and doing so many new things! I wish I could be better with my blog and type up when Lochlan does certain things but with me working at home and teaching at night, it's not easy to do that. Now you are motivating me to type up a few things! =P
I love it when Lochlan raises his arms up, wanting to be picked up. The first time he did that, I wasn't sure if he was doing it purposefully or it was accidential so I passed him to his Daddy and then Daddy leaned him towards me and he raised his arms again! It was so cute. Now he does it all the time that I can't remember when the first time he did it! =P It was probably last month or so.
Have you thought about getting a backpack for when you go hiking with Raine? I've noticed that I like using the sling for shopping, around the house or to get the mail. But for hiking and snowshoeing, Loch gets really heavy in the front so I find it easier to move the sling to my back or use the hiking backpack we have (Kelty). Just an idea. =)
I have a baby photo album for Lochlan with pictures of him and his grandparents who live out of town. In those pictures, he's 10 days old and three weeks old. I always look at them amazed that this is the SAME baby that I have now! He was soooo skinny and soooo tiny, just like Raine! =)
Loch hasn't really gotten onto his knees yet (I think his thighs are too chubby!) but yesterday, he did put his hands out in front of him and tried to drag himself forward. Boy, that's much harder to do!
Ever since I bought bath toys last January, Loch looks forward to his baths! =) The last time I bathed him (last Friday), I put him in the bath with me as the water was running (normally I fill it first, shut it off, then bring him in with me) but he was SOOOO fascinated with the running water. He put his hand out and played with it until I had to turn it off since the water was getting high! =)
Loch gives me wet kisses too! He would grab my cheeck (ouch!) and put his wide-open mouth on my face just like Raine does to you! It's really sweet. =)
I've noticed that Loch is reaching out for things that I thought were too far away from him, too. For example, two days ago, I put him down on the floor while I loaded our washer. There was a stack of books at least two feet away from him. When I was done loading the clothes, I looked back and saw that Loch had knocked over the pile of books! He must have scooted himself over but I didn't see it! =P
Loch loves petting the dogs, too...well, more like grabbing them and putting his wide-open mouth in their fur to give them wet kisses like they give him. =P
We started giving Loch water in a child-sized cup. He really likes it but he's still learning how to sip. I decided not to give him a sippy cup because I've read that children who use a sippy cup day in, day out tend to be obese later (especially if they are drinking juice from the cup) and it can cause teeth decay because they drink from their sippy cup all the time. If you give Raine her sippy cup only at mealtimes, she will be fine. (As opposed to letting her have it whenever she wants and letting her carrying it around the house all day.)
For traveling, I plan to use this nifty cup a friend showed me for Loch to use when he's older. It looks like a sippy cup but the top is actually a straw and you can close the lid over the straw so that the cup doesn't leak when the child is finished with it. My friend's daughter was able to drink from a straw when she was 10 months old! =)
I think I've gone on long enough! My fave pic of Raine is the one of her wearing your Cabbage Patch Doll hat! I still have my Cabbage Patch dolls and Loch just laughs and laughs when he sees them. =) Enjoy Raine's newest milestones! =D
Elk's Mama-
Yes I am enjoying my motherhood especially now that Raine is being more active. It gets better when ur lil' elk becomes 6 months old! :) but then you'll miss him being a newborn hehe. So go and hug ur lil man and never let go! :)
Keri-
I love it when Raine raises her arms up too! :) About grabbing the cheeks, yes a big ouch! Haha but when she kisses me, aww I forget about the owie.
About backpack, yes we do have one. We didnt know we could use it now with Raine (just found out can use it at 6 months) so the next time we go hiking, I'll be sure to use the backpack. Was going to go hiking on saturday but Raine had a cold so I decided to stay home. So when we do use it, I'll be sure to let u know if we like it :)
As for sippie cup, yeah I don't plan to have her carrying it around all day. We will not be giving her juices at all because they are nothing but sugar :) Will just be giving her water and of course my breastmilk. As for the cup with straw, I think I've seen it in the store. Wow, drinking from a straw at 10 months? That is nice!! I should try that with Raine hah.
I enjoy reading your blog and I check it everyday hoping you would post up something :-D But yeah I can imagine, if I was working, I probably wont have time to type up a blog :)
Post a Comment
<< Home