Bye-bye 2nd Trimester
Here I am, in my third trimester! Only 13 more hot and sweaty weeks to go.
Last week I had my monthly Dr. appt. I got the room without the ultrasound once again :( The baby's heartbeat was 148 per min. When the Dr. was listening to the heartbeat, the baby kicked her and she said "Whoops! Your baby just kicked me!" and she laughed. I told her that I have been experiencing VERY FAST heartbeat (feels like 150 or more per min) but once I put my head between my legs, it returns to its normal heartbeat. She sent me over to the cardiology and had my heart tested out. I won't know the result until the next Dr. appt which will be on June 29th. Also, I had to take a glucose test (sugar test) to check and see if I got diabetes. Every women are required to take the test during their 26-28 weeks. Again, I won't know the results till the next appt.
The baby is moving more and more now. I can feel it moving from one side to another. I love that feeling, rather than just kicking and punching. I love it when it moves its body. It was moving around all day over the weekend then on Monday and Tuesday it did not move much. I was worried but then I felt it hiccuping. I knew the baby was okay. Then yesterday and today, it moved around a lot! Whew! The baby hiccups basically almost everyday. It's so cute hehe.
I think I found a sleeping position that won't hurt my back!! It has been two nights in a row that my back did not hurt. I put both pillows on top of each other and sleep 1/2 sitting, 1/2 laying down (like if you were sick in bed) with 1 small pillow on each side. I hope this actually works so I know I'll probably be able to sleep well for the next couple of weeks (until I'm too big to be comfortable at all).
One mother at work said that I look small for 6 months! I'm glad to hear that :) I think I got big fast during month 4 and 5 then it has slowed down ever since. I have not gained weight for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I was worried but a friend said that's ok. If I continue not gaining weight, I will call my Dr. and see what she says.
The children at school are touching my belly more often now. They touch it when they wanted to talk to me and I don't think they are aware that they put their hands on my belly :) I guess my tummy is hand-magnet :) Some of them just walk up to me and look at my belly then gives me a hug. Yesterday, one girl just walked over and kissed my tummy haha. I think they feel like it's taking forever for the baby to come out :)
What I don't enjoy so far, body movement restrictions!! I feel like I can't do anything. It is getting harder to tie my shoes, shave my legs, pick up things, getting up from the floor, and so much more. I can't wait to have my body back so I can go back to my normal self :) Yesterday I was kneeling down with a kid and all of the sudden I felt this big bad cramps all over my lower abdomen. It stung really bad. I stood up and knew it was because I was bending down too much. It usually hurt if I bend down but I ignored them. From now on, I'm restricting myself from bending down. Another body restriction grr! I got to remind myself, only 13 more weeks :) Also, I have been getting sole/feet pain after standing up for too long or if I walk around too much. I don't think my feet are used to the body weight. I need a MASSAGE!! :) Also, my tailbone still hurts but not as much as it used to. :)
I'm gonna go and get something to eat. The baby is hungry :)
Last week I had my monthly Dr. appt. I got the room without the ultrasound once again :( The baby's heartbeat was 148 per min. When the Dr. was listening to the heartbeat, the baby kicked her and she said "Whoops! Your baby just kicked me!" and she laughed. I told her that I have been experiencing VERY FAST heartbeat (feels like 150 or more per min) but once I put my head between my legs, it returns to its normal heartbeat. She sent me over to the cardiology and had my heart tested out. I won't know the result until the next Dr. appt which will be on June 29th. Also, I had to take a glucose test (sugar test) to check and see if I got diabetes. Every women are required to take the test during their 26-28 weeks. Again, I won't know the results till the next appt.
The baby is moving more and more now. I can feel it moving from one side to another. I love that feeling, rather than just kicking and punching. I love it when it moves its body. It was moving around all day over the weekend then on Monday and Tuesday it did not move much. I was worried but then I felt it hiccuping. I knew the baby was okay. Then yesterday and today, it moved around a lot! Whew! The baby hiccups basically almost everyday. It's so cute hehe.
I think I found a sleeping position that won't hurt my back!! It has been two nights in a row that my back did not hurt. I put both pillows on top of each other and sleep 1/2 sitting, 1/2 laying down (like if you were sick in bed) with 1 small pillow on each side. I hope this actually works so I know I'll probably be able to sleep well for the next couple of weeks (until I'm too big to be comfortable at all).
One mother at work said that I look small for 6 months! I'm glad to hear that :) I think I got big fast during month 4 and 5 then it has slowed down ever since. I have not gained weight for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I was worried but a friend said that's ok. If I continue not gaining weight, I will call my Dr. and see what she says.
The children at school are touching my belly more often now. They touch it when they wanted to talk to me and I don't think they are aware that they put their hands on my belly :) I guess my tummy is hand-magnet :) Some of them just walk up to me and look at my belly then gives me a hug. Yesterday, one girl just walked over and kissed my tummy haha. I think they feel like it's taking forever for the baby to come out :)
What I don't enjoy so far, body movement restrictions!! I feel like I can't do anything. It is getting harder to tie my shoes, shave my legs, pick up things, getting up from the floor, and so much more. I can't wait to have my body back so I can go back to my normal self :) Yesterday I was kneeling down with a kid and all of the sudden I felt this big bad cramps all over my lower abdomen. It stung really bad. I stood up and knew it was because I was bending down too much. It usually hurt if I bend down but I ignored them. From now on, I'm restricting myself from bending down. Another body restriction grr! I got to remind myself, only 13 more weeks :) Also, I have been getting sole/feet pain after standing up for too long or if I walk around too much. I don't think my feet are used to the body weight. I need a MASSAGE!! :) Also, my tailbone still hurts but not as much as it used to. :)
I'm gonna go and get something to eat. The baby is hungry :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home