Wednesday, March 09, 2005

First Trimester

Since we just started this BabyFurlong site, I will summarize the First Trimester.



We found out we were pregnant the first week of Jan. We both were thrilled!

So we started looking for an ob/gyn and we made an appointment for Jan. 20th. We both saw a sonogram of the fetus. We saw the heartbeat; it looked like a tiny dot! It was amazing to see another heartbeat inside of me. We both were in awe. The Dr. Said that we were 7 weeks pregnant and that the baby will be due on Sept. 7th.

On Feb. 12th, we had another ultrasound. This time the fetus is more human-like. We could see arms, legs, head, and of course the body. The baby was moving around a lot, kicking and moving its arms. We couldn't believe our eyes. There IS a baby inside of me!!

My first trimester ended on March 2nd. Hoorah!

During my first trimester, I did not experience any morning sickness. The only thing I experienced was a light motion sickness (when in the car), a little bit nauseous, and sometime cramping. I did not experience much cravings. I started to dislike Taco Pasta. Other than that, my taste in food are pretty much the same.

I did not feel like I was pregnant during the first trimester. I am LOOKING forward to feeling the baby move. The Dr. said it won't happen till around 20 weeks. I think at that point, I will begin to feel like I am pregnant :)

We both have decided to not know the gender till the baby is born. UNLESS we are tempted to find out when the day that the Dr. says "would you like to know the gender?" I hope we won't be tempted to find out :)

Don't ask us if we have decided on names. SEARCHING FOR NAMES ARE HARD!!!! :) I hope one day a name will just pop out into our face and we get to say "Yes! That's it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home